Catalio Capital Management is a multi-strategy investment firm that invests in breakthrough life science companies. We work directly with world-renowned scientist-entrepreneurs to identify and translate groundbreaking research that can serve as the foundation of category-defining startups developing novel drugs, devices, diagnostics, and data driven insights.
Catalio is a close-knit and highly energetic team of smart and ambitious people. We are looking for an Accounting Manager to support the Management Company’s general accounting functions. This person will work closely with the Assistant Controller and report to the Head of Finance. The ideal candidate will be organized and detail oriented, possess strong analytical skills, take initiative, and approach issues through a solution focused lens.
- Reconcile corporate bank and credit card accounts.
- Onboard vendors and manage accounts payable; coordinate with business partners to validate expenses, ensure appropriate coding and allocation of invoices, and monitor AP aging to ensure payments are made to vendors on time.
- Review and approve company expense reports to ensure compliance with company policies, adequate documentation and proper allocation.
- Track and prepare intercompany invoicing.
- Assist in the production of monthly consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare and file form 1099s on an annual basis.
- Take on additional projects and tasks as directed.
- BA/BS in accounting or finance.
- 1-3 years professional experience in a bookkeeping or accounting-focused role.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Xero, Expensify and Bill.com a plus.