Catalio Capital Management is a multi-strategy financial firm that invests in breakthrough life science companies. We work directly with world-renowned scientist-entrepreneurs to identify and translate groundbreaking research that can serve as the foundation of category-defining startups developing novel drugs, devices, diagnostics, and data driven insights.
Catalio is a close-knit and highly energetic team of smart and ambitious people. You’ll work side by side with professional investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, and clinicians to help us support companies bringing leading innovations to market that will meaningfully improve the lives of patients.
We are looking for assistant controller to join our team whose primary focus will be managing the in-house bookingkeeping of the management company. This person will be a key member of the finance team, report directly the Head of Finance and play a significant role in building the financial infrastructure of the firm. The ideal candidate will be organized and detail oriented, possess strong analytical skills, take initiative and approach issues through a solutions focused lens.
- Reconcile corporate bank and credit card accounts using Xero
- Onboard vendors and manage accounts payable using Bill.com
- Review and approve expense reports using Expensify to ensure compliance with company policies and proper entity allocation
- Track and prepare quarterly intercompany payments from the funds and other affiliated entities
- Produce monthly consolidated financial statements, assist with budgeting and analyze budget to actual results
- Manage the firm’s tax compliance including preparation and filing of form 1099s, working with external accountants to file the annual tax return and assisting with estimated tax payments for the firms’ founding partners
- Take on additional projects and tasks at the direction of the Head of Finance
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 5+ years professional experience with a combination of public accounting and/or in-house at an investment management firm
- Active CPA and background in tax preferred
- Bookkeeping experience a plus
- Experience with Xero, Expensify and Bill.com a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is full-time, in-person in the NoMad district in New York City.
Catalio Capital Management is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer, and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and genetics.