Catalio Capital Management is a multi-strategy financial firm that invests in breakthrough life science companies. We work directly with world-renowned scientist-entrepreneurs to identify and translate groundbreaking research that can serve as the foundation of category-defining startups developing novel drugs, devices, diagnostics, and data-driven insights.
Catalio is a close-knit and highly energetic team of smart and ambitious people. You’ll work side by side with professional investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, and clinicians to help us support companies bringing leading innovations to market that will meaningfully improve the lives of patients.
The Senior Associate will join a team of investment professionals with a blend of financial and scientific expertise. The role will support financial, commercial, and technical analysis of investments across private equity, public equity, and structured credit. The Senior Analyst will work directly with portfolio managers and will contribute to idea generation and investment decisions across strategies.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize preclinical/clinical data and scientific literature
- Conduct due diligence with key opinion leaders, scientists and clinicians
- Evaluate investments; prepare investment memos on prospective investments; provide recommendations for investments in the private and public biotechnology sector
- Prospective deal sourcing and screening
- Interface with company management
- Follow progress of portfolio companies and attend board meetings
- PhD required; expertise in immuno-oncology preferred
- 2+ years in equity research or 1+ years in venture capital / private equity
- Experience analyzing clinical trial design and interpreting clinical and scientific data
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is full-time, in-person. Catalio has offices in the NoMad district in New York City, Baltimore, and London.
Catalio Capital Management is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer, and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and genetics.